Sunday, June 12, 2011

Catching Up

I have been lax in my blog posting!  I'm not sure what happened, but I think the end of the school year almost did me in!  We had end of the year school projects, programs and awards ceremonies.  We had a crazy storm (straightline winds around 110 mph) that took down some huge branches in our yard, and did quite a bit of damage all around our town and surrounding communities.  We're still cleaning up from that, but feeling very blessed!  We are going to have to remove two huge, established trees that were seriously damaged, but we didn't have any major property damage. Then we got to spend some time with my mom while she stayed with us for a few days.  Now, here we are, back to the normal that we know. 

So, now that school is out, I need to find a new routine because the kids just refuse to go to bed before dark! During summer break, I can usually go into work early, and get off a little earlier.  Unfortunately, this year may be different because we may be short-handed in my department at work soon, so I may be working longer hours.  I hope to still have time to enjoy the summer with my family and blog at the same time!

I feel like I'm at a bit of a crossroads with work, and I've really been struggling with my role there.  I've also been struggling with my time with my family.  Trying to balance the two, while keeping the focus on my family has been a challenge. So, if you wouldn't mind, I would greatly appreciate some prayer about all of this.

I'm trying to keep the following verses in the front of my mind, especially over the next few days:

Matthew 6:33 ~  "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness and all these shall be added unto you."

John 14:27 ~  "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

Romans 8:26 ~  "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:  for we know not what we should pray for as we ought; but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."


Romans 8:28 ~  "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes keeping up with my blog seems difficult as well. But I do try to post as often as I can. If you have time and the interest in doing so I would invite you to visit my posting where I try my hand at Christian writing. Thanks in advance for visiting.
    http://www.jimkillebrew.blogspot.com/

    If you like what you read, leave a comment. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your blog featured at Blogging Women. I love your blog! I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete